Congratulations! Your wedding day is coming soon.
Before you start getting stressed out, remember the hard part is over. You’ve been lucky enough to find that special someone you want to spend the rest of your life with and they feel the same way about you.
Now if you’re like most people you want to look great on your wedding day. Ok, so that’s a huge understatement. You want to look and feel better than you ever have in your life! You want everyone to look at you and be rendered speechless from how ridiculously attractive you are.
Like it or not it’s time to get in shape. Here are 7 ways to get moving in the right direction:
- Get a trainer. You might think trainers are just for celebrities and models. Not true. Trainers are for everyone who wants to look and feel their best.
Don’t get just any trainer. Get a trainer who’s just as focused on your goals as you are. Your trainer should assess you, discuss your goals with you, provide nutritional advice, and constantly motivate you to stay on track.
- Do it together. Tell your future spouse how focused you are and use them for support. You’ll most likely influence them to get focused on a fitness plan too. This will help you both look and feel great on your special day.
- Procrastination is over. Start now. From this moment forward you should be totally focused on improving your health. That includes regular workouts (both cardiovascular and strength training), nutrition, and sleep.
- Create a schedule. This will help you stay focused and take things one healthy day at a time. You should have both weekly and monthly goals that keep you moving in the right direction.
- Eat like a caveman. Cavemen were known for being very lean and powerful. I’ve never been into counting calories or crazy diets, so lets keep it simple. Eat only the things that the caveman would have. Lots of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, lean meats, eggs, water, and fish. No processed unnatural foods.
The rules aren’t complicated. Eat when you’re hungry. As far as portions are concerned, most of your plate should be veggies or fruits with the protein portion about the size of the palm of your hand.
- Find a good tailor. Remember if you’re serious about getting in shape for your special day, your body is going to change (for the better).
Make sure you go for your final fitting no more than 2 weeks before your wedding day and then a few days before for the final adjustments. You don’t want to be swimming in your clothes.
- Get fit for life. When your day comes it’s all about you. Enjoy yourself, have fun, and eat a big piece of wedding cake. After your special day is over why not keep all your good habits going and be fit for life
Post by Jason Rodriguez
To start your own Fitness Journey please get in touch with us and we’ll discuss a tailored fitness program that fits you. Take a fitness journey. Your destination will be fitness!